Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscar Fashionable...and not so much.


So basically, I'll keep it simple.

Marissa Tomei, Natalie Portman, Taraji P. Henson, and Eva Longoria, stunning!
Miley Cyrus, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Beyonce...what the hell?

Ok, I do have to elaborate just a bit.
Marissa's Versace dress, with the very-popular-for-the-season geometric design, was just a fabulous, flowy miracle. Natalie's bright pink Rodarte gown was perfection. The color, the fit, everything was RIGHT. Eva gets my applause simply for taking a risk and pulling it off so beautifully. The tux was androgynous and still unbelievably sexy...and speaking of sexy in a tux...can we say 'Zac Efron'?

Everyone made a big fuss over Angelina, but it just seemed unfounded to me. Yes, the earrings were awesome...but that was about it. I found the dress and hair left me as bored as she looked.
Now the ugly part...Miley apparently wore her grandmother's dress, Sarah Jessica wins for Worst Hair, and Beyonce leaves me speechless. Now I am a HUGE Bey fan, but the pattern, the train, it was all too much, why?? I believe if she just cut the dress off at right about the knee and made it a cocktail dress, it would have passed beautifully. But this nightmare looked like a mermaid clothed in a drapery.
I would be glad to help these ladies with their selections for the next awards shows...call me girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers