Monday, July 13, 2009

My vote, it's a "Beautiful Nightmare"...



I'm sure you all know that I am an avid Beyonce fan. She is without question the biggest, most-widely recognized female artist out right now. However, I find that like many long-running artists (read: Madonna, Michael, Mariah), she goes through phases in her career where she gets stuck on a certain look or gimmick. Lately, this gimmick seems to be leotards and minimalist dance videos. She has a fabulous figure, as showcased in her over-the-top Theirry Mugler tour costumes, but I'm just wondering how many more videos will include her (and the SAME 2 dancers) in leotards...We've had the ever-popular "Single Ladies," then "I'm a Diva," "Ego," and now "Sweet Dreams."

Because Beyonce is so fabulous, I always look forward to what new trend she brings to the table with each video/performance. With "Sweet Dreams" being my favorite song from the Sasha Fierce album, I really was hoping for something new and not more of the same thing. The leotard trend with Beyonce, Lady GaGa, Kate Moss, and even Whitney Houston shouting out from the bandwagon is quickly playing out. It's still a great video, but I'm hoping that somehow, someone runs off with her trunk full of leotards so that we can have some new looks in the next video. View the video and judge for yourselves:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers